Localization

General tech support questions and answers, for technical questions about the Foodclub system. Useful resource for new users to Foodclub, both to search for answered questions and ask new ones of experienced users.

Localization

Postby koopadmin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 am

Is there a way to translate/change the language of the system? I really like the software and I'm planning on setting up a buying club in Lodz, Poland, and translating it into Polish could come in very handy for non-English speaking people.
If there is any way you could export the strings or make them available through some localization software, I can handle the localization into Polish and contribute it to the project.
Thanks.
koopadmin

Re: Localization

Postby support » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Wow, what a great offer. There is not currently a way to change the language, but with your offer to contribute a Polish translation, I will try to accelerate this. There is another group in Denmark who made a similar offer (for Danish), so that makes two European languages if I can export the strings.

So the answer is not yet, but hopefully soon. I'd estimate I can get the strings (at least 90% of them) available for translation maybe within 2 or so months from now. No guarantees as there are a lot of other priorities, but this is now one of the highest priorities, so I'll shoot for October or so, maybe sooner.
support

Re: Localization

Postby support » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:13 am

Update on this: missed the October target date, but a translatable version of Foodclub is now in progress. I expect in the next week or so, I will have a full list of strings to translate, at least for all non-admin user (shopping) pages. The admin/configuration side will come later, as that is only typically used by a few people in each club/co-op.

So if you are still willing to do the English-Polish translation, post here or e-mail and I'll send you the strings when ready.
support

Return to Support