per pound and num_available without disabling splits

General tech support questions and answers, for technical questions about the Foodclub system. Useful resource for new users to Foodclub, both to search for answered questions and ask new ones of experienced users.

per pound and num_available without disabling splits

Postby aharhaj » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am

We recently retained a new vendor. The products ranges from meat per pound to produce and per count like tongue and oxtail. Some of the items have limited availability and others are per pound. It is my understanding that the number available option only works properly when we disable splits. however, if we disable splits then we cannot change unique weight items like steaks and roasts. Currently what we are doing is having our vendor fill out a unique weights spread sheet and then Leah and I are going back in and entering each unique weight and then changing the case fill size (not in the database) so that the program doesn't keep wanting to fill orders by pound. We are hoping for guidance or changes in these two areas.

1.) a way that we can order per pound without having the program automatically assigning only whole pounds to orders (but only for this source)
2.) a way that we can use num available without disabling splits.
aharhaj

Re: per pound and Num _ available without disabling splits

Postby support » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:28 pm

It is true that the num_available and out-of-stock enforcement feature only works on Order, not Splits, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need to disable Splits entirely. If only some items have limited availability, what you can do is leave Splits enabled, but simply don't allow those items to be split. You do that by setting valid_split_increment = 0 for the non-splittable items, and enabling split input validation. I believe that answers your question 2).

On question 1), I assume you mean for the meat items which come packaged and weighed, but each qty has slightly different weight? And have you tried the priced-by-weight feature for these? (set is_priced_by_weight = 1 in the database) It shouldn't be assigning whole pounds with the priced-by-weight feature. It will just give you a separate line for each individual qty of that item, on Invoice processing, where you enter the exact weight of each. This will work whether the item is a split or not (but if a split, then it just gives you a single actual weight field for each user, so you have to add up the individual package weights for each user).

Let me know if that answers your questions.
support

Postby aharhaj » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Question 1 resolved. I haven't attempted resolving question 2. Thanks- I'll work on it and let you know!
aharhaj

Postby aharhaj » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Question 2 is not resolved- it can still be order an any quantity- it does not prevent order of more than the number available
aharhaj

Postby support » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Do you mean on Splits, or on Order? It's true num_available will not be enforced on Splits, but it should always work on Order, or when ordering via the global Product search page.

Do you have this Product database setting enabled?
Show num_available (In stock) column in search results; and prevent users from ordering out-of-stock items.
support

Postby aharhaj » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:53 am

Yes I have that setting - I was just hoping that it would block people from ordering over that amount when splits isn't completely disabled. Once members order it's on the splits page and other add to that and don't even see quantity in stock
aharhaj

Postby support » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Yeah, well implementing num_available checking on Splits is on the to-do list. Just hasn't since most people who use the feature use only Order for those limited qty items, so it hasn't been a big issue. I will see how easy it is, and maybe get it into one of the next few releases.
support

Return to Support