admin identified non itemized sources on combined invoice

General tech support questions and answers, for technical questions about the Foodclub system. Useful resource for new users to Foodclub, both to search for answered questions and ask new ones of experienced users.

Re: admin identified non itemized sources on combined invoic

Postby maburrows (deleted) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:37 am

One more question. This will hide all the items for that source. Will there be a total for the source displayed? Otherwise it will look like the total is incorrect.
-Mandy Burrows
Natural Familiy Buying Club ~ NW Twin Cities, MN
maburrows (deleted)

Postby maburrows (deleted) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 am

I think the CSS will need to go into the global CSS, not the source CSS.

Question: When the items for a source are hidden, will a total for the source be displayed? Otherwise the Invoice Total will look incorrect. Perhaps that's what the next release does, but just checking.
-Mandy Burrows
Natural Familiy Buying Club ~ NW Twin Cities, MN
maburrows (deleted)

Postby support » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:08 am

Yes, the total for the source will still be there. All the CSS will do is hide the line items for that source, in all users' Combined invoices.

And yes, definitely put the CSS in Global, not in Source, because Combined invoices is a global page. Otherwise, you would only see the effect when you happen to be looking at Combined invoices from one particular source.

The next release will simply contain the HTML attributes so the CSS has an effect. You can add it now, but it won't do anything yet.
support

Postby aharhaj » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:27 pm

I am using a very small order as our example. She ordered many items on Frontier which are not itemized (yay!) However, we are hoping for source totals to be listed before the combined invoice total. So above pre-taxed subtotal it would list the source totals: Frontier B total 122.15 then have them total on invoice total. This would help us avoid confusion for many of our members and avoid missed or partial pick-up with small groups. For tomorrow's printed I have removed the CSS code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aharhaj

Postby support » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Showing itemized source totals on Combined invoices would require a new feature. That probably won't be prioritized soon, as usually it requires several clubs asking for something, unless it's really easy.

In the meantime, you could add a credit of 0.00 with the description containing the total for that source. I'd say to use a comment, but I think those don't get carried over to Combined invoices yet. But you would have to do this for each user separately, on the Frontier source Invoices. Not sure that is worth the effort... maybe easier is to just tell members to view their source invoice page if they want to see the totals for each source.
support

Postby aharhaj » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Due to the nature of the club with the impact it has on the environment with paper waste and financial resources could we pay to prioritize this new feature so that it is not a conflict within our club and it's members?
aharhaj

Previous

Return to Support