Frontier order submit

General tech support questions and answers, for technical questions about the Foodclub system. Useful resource for new users to Foodclub, both to search for answered questions and ask new ones of experienced users.

Frontier order submit

Postby JohnMarshall » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Any update on attempts to integrate order submissions with Frontier's new website?

I am hearing from our Frontier vendor manager that she was unable to use the manual CSV upload on Frontier's site this evening. She had to re-enter all the data by hand. TEDIOUS. We are inquiring with Frontier customer support regarding that, but thought I'd ask if you'd heard anything or made any progress on the site integration.

Thanks!!
JohnMarshall

Re: Frontier order submit

Postby support » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:28 pm

The Foodclub Submit order for Frontier used that same page on the Frontier site that you use to upload the csv. (Quick Order) There is no other way to integrate, so if it doesn't work directly from a browser, it can't be made to work server-to-server.

In general, the whole reason the Submit order feature was changed to the manual csv upload when Frontier updated their site was because their Quick Order page was not stable. There is nothing I can do about their site, but I can tell you that the more complaints they hear from customers, the more likely they will get it fixed. I have actually been mentioning to Foodclub users that they should complain to Frontier and tell them that their old site was way better, ask them why they even upgraded it, and recommend reverting back to the old site. If they did that, Submit order could work perfectly again.
support

Postby szimmermann123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am

Our Frontier coordinator has also been complaining of numerous glitches. I'm happy to call Frontier. However, I don't think I can ask them to revert back. Adi, can you list specifically what you need for the former integration to work again?
Thanks.
Sally
szimmermann123

Postby support » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:18 am

The only way for the former integration to work (without having to download csv from Foodclub and upload it to Frontier) is if either they revert to their old site which had no bugs, or for them to fix their Quick Order page so it always works without errors.
support

Postby szimmermann123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 pm

I just talked to Frontier. I explained the "quick order" wasn't working. They said they have taken away the csv upload function. Don't know when it will be back. They have a max of 10 items for the quick order.
Adi, please leave specific comments here, and I will email your comments to Frontier. I need to give them more details.
Thanks,
Sally
szimmermann123

Postby support » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Wow, that is surprising. I guess they can't fix the bug so they just get rid of the entire feature. Apparently most of their customers enter items one-by-one, so they don't want to support a bulk upload.

I will take a look again at automating the transfer of 10 items at time, but I don't have a lot of confidence because last I worked on this, the Quick Order page returned errors even on 10 at a time. It would work sometimes, and then fail with strange errors. I couldn't figure it out, so changed it to the csv download/upload process hoping they would get the page fixed.
support

Postby support » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Sally, you can tell them that the csv upload process always worked fine. It was the adding of items into the cart after the upload that was returning errors. Limiting it to 10 at a time I don't think actually will fix the problem. They are trying to avoid fixing the actual bug by removing functionality, thinking < 10 at a time will always work. But I don't think it will: it will still return errors adding 10 items to cart, at least sometimes.
support

Return to Support