Final order: hiding estimated order total

General tech support questions and answers, for technical questions about the Foodclub system. Useful resource for new users to Foodclub, both to search for answered questions and ask new ones of experienced users.

Final order: hiding estimated order total

Postby JohnMarshall » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Is it possible to hide the estimated order total from the submitted order?

We have run into an issue where vendors inadvertently charge us the amount we charge our members - which includes our markup to cover operating expenses. While I have been able to hide the price columns from the submitted order (applying the corresponding CSS to finalOrderTable), the estimated order price still displays because it's inserted into the paragraph after the table. Is there a way you could tag/label this calculated value so I could similarly hide it from the submitted order?
JohnMarshall

Re: Final order: hiding estimated order total

Postby support » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Okay, I just properly styled those html elements. You can get the attributes from one of your previously submitted orders, and use source CSS to hide that or customize to your liking.

Beware though, that some email clients do not respect CSS, notably Gmail's webmail client. So basically they will just ignore any CSS passed along with an email, and display the HTML as it would be without any CSS. Most desktop email clients do respect CSS though. Also, if your vendors typically use the submitted order URL on foodclub.org to view it, then it opens in a browser so all CSS would be applied.
support

Return to Support